Thursday, February 9, 2012


I don’t know how many of you guys have TVs or watch them, but I think I’m safe in assuming that all of y’all do.  I don’t watch my tv all that much. Yes, it is on, but I’m hardly ever paying attention to it. Most of the time I am doing something else and am to preoccupied. There is one channel on the local channel listings that when it’s on I always pay attention to, and that is channel 14.

            Channel 14 is the local movie channel here at Penn State. It shows movies ranging from the really old to the really new. Past films have included The Shawshank Redemption, How to Train Your Dragon, Gladiator, The Hangover 1 and 2, and many more. I really really love this channel. It always plays really entertaining and captivating films. On those occasions where I want to stay in for the night or simply want to sit back relax and watch a good film with my buddies. Now that it is really winter and really cold outside, staying in and having something that is going to make for a fun night that doesn’t require any effort is a welcome relief.
           
            Now channel 14 is not always playing a good movie. Sometimes, in fact, it is playing a movie that has absolutely zero appeal to me and I change the channel as fast as possible. This is a rare occurrence and not something I overly worry about when I am looking for a movie to watch. While that does not happen too often, what does happen quite a bit is that a movie I have already seen too many times to count is playing. This has the same effect as a movie I could careless about. I don’t want to watch it again. Unfortunately I often find myself doing just that because there’s nothing else on. But in general channel 14 rocks and I am a huge fan.

            

4 comments:

  1. Ian, I do know what you mean when you say that channel 14 plays odd movies at times. But ever since me and my roommate moved out of supplemental, we haven't had a TV to watch from so I'm dying to watch even the odd movies! What are some of your favorite movies that you want to see on TV? I always love when they play Pixar movies. They're my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched channel 14 but now I'm thinking I should!!! I know at other universities they have a movie program where you can order any movies for a fee. I think Penn State should definitely get that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched channel 14. I think the reason is I don't remember it being in HD. I refuse to watch movies not in HD lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched or even heard of Channel 14 either. I wish I would have know about this before instead of lugging up countless DVDs up to school with me this semester. I am always looking for something to watch and never seem to be satisfied. This seems like the perfect thing for me.

    ReplyDelete