Thursday, February 2, 2012


Tonight’s post is about the weather, specifically State College’s weather. I think its safe to assume that it rains EVERYDAY here! Haha obviously I’m kidding but you know what I mean. It rains most days of the week and if its not raining its dark and dreary outside so you feel like it’s raining anyway. Being from Texas, the land of heat, heat, and more heat, I’m very used to the sun. And I have to admit; this constant rain “Grinds My Gears’ a little. The other day it was an amazing 55ish degrees, sunny, no wind… the perfect day in probably everyone’s opinion. It was a welcome break to the constant rain and dreariness. I don’t really like rain. It’s wet, cold, and once your wet it ruins relaxing unless you change. Of course, there are umbrellas, but hey, I always forget them. I just feel like rain is blah. Its not as fun as snow or as welcoming as sunshine.

            I love snow. It’s awesome. The cold is so refreshing, the snow doesn’t get you wet, unless you lay in it, and it is so beautiful when it covers everything. When I accepted my admittance to Penn State I thought that the winter would be full of snow. That’s what I just assumed and what all my friends told me. We have had some snow, but not nearly as much as I would like. There has been a lot of rain though.

            Because I don’t like always talking about things that “grind” my gears, in later posts I will be including things that “turn” my gears? In other words ill be blogging about things I really like and that are awesome. 

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel about the rain. I personally do not mind it, but getting my shoes and socks soaked can be quite a pain to deal with. Drying out is also not that enjoyable and carrying an umbrella 24/7 can be annoying. I think I prefer the snow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a weird winter. I am from Pennsylvania where I am used to it snowing normally; asides from this winter. Believe me snow can get very annoying also. Back home I welcomed snow meaning school cancellations. Up here, however, there is no such thing. With the supposed heated sidewalks, and everything in walking distance professors take no heed to the nasty winter. Im sorry you did not get to see much snow this winter, but next winter should be a little different.

    ReplyDelete