Saturday, March 31, 2012


When I pulled the freshly baked cookies from the oven, noticed that they were not cookies… they were chocolate chip less. My mom asks from the other room, “Ian how did they turn out?” It is to my extreme embarrassment that I have to tell her how my first attempt at baking actually turned out. This memory of mine is a funny story but it is also a valuable lesson that is accompanied by a good laugh. The lesson is one of persistence, a lesson of not giving up when met with failure. While my failure to put chocolate chips into my batch of cookies is not really anything more than a slight mistake, I remember it made me think more about other aspects of my life that were just a smidge more important. I thought about my schoolwork, my athletics teams, and the general idea of reaching my goals.

2 comments:

  1. That's a cute story. Many times little moments in life allow you to think about the bigger picture and learn a great life lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Persistence is such an important thing especially when it comes to school and sports. A word that closely parallels persistence is complacency. My football coach always told me not to be complacent, and I still take those words to heart in everything I do.

    ReplyDelete